Deja Vu II: Lost in Las Vegas - Hints
/ /_/ /_
/ / / /__
__ ___ ___ __ __ __ __
/ / /__ /__ / / / /_/ /
/_/ / / _/ /__ _/ / / /__
___ __ __ __
/_/ / /\ / / /_/ / // / /_/
/ / / / / / /__//_//_/ / \
Deja Vu II
Lost in Las Vegas
Note: This Hint Book Could not be released immediately after
the game was released because it took ICOM SIMULATIONS
3 Weeks to send it out to me. Anywaz, most amigaoids
are more interested in arcade conversions and shoot 'em
ups, so hope this file will help those that do really try
these lame o' Text/Graphics Adventure games.
Greets To These Few True Elites: Puppet Master, POD, Waremonger,
Bigfoot, The Light, Rokman, The Jester, The Freelancer,
and all members of Quartex, Oracle, and Eclipse.
The Hint Book
WARNING: This book provides information that may help
solve the game. Play Deja Vu II first without these hints.
Use this Hint Book only when you're stuck - or DEAD !!
HOW TO USE THESE CLUES AND HINTS:
This hint book has been designed to give you the help you need
without giving away more of the game than you want.
Each hint has three answers, each giving more explicit information
than the last. The answers are in three sets, the A, B, and C
answers. The A answers are the least helpful(start w/ these!),
and the C answers spoon feed solutions to your tortured brain!
The order of the answers in each section is scrambled, so as not
to spoil what little enjoyment there is left in the game!
There is more of this BS, but ya get the idea!! Oh, and pal,
can I bum a cig from ya ?
INSIDE THE HOTEL
1. How come I get arrested for indecency whenever I leave
the hotel room? A3, B53, C44
2. Why can't I get back into the bedroom? A7, B39, C38
3. I looked all around the hotel room before I left, but
could find nothing of interest. What should I take?
A28, B26, C48
4. How do I get into the elevator? A32, B56, C37
5. I can't get into any of the hotel rooms. How do I gain
access? A16, B60, C74
6. I get into the dumpster, get taken away to a laundry and
killed by two thugs. Can I stop them? A48, B68, C55
7. Where did the dumpster go? A27, B70, C81
8. I can't find anything in the rest of the hotel which
appears to be of any use? A60, B66, C86
IN THE CASINO
1. How do I get some coins to play the slot machines?
A65, B64, C92
2. The dealer in the casino won't take my money?
A74, B73, C93
3. I can't figure out how to play Blackjack!
A55, B76, C70
4. I just can't seem to win any money. Am I completely
out of luck? A76, B6, C31
5. I lost all the money that I had when Rudy left. How
do I get it back or win some more? A13, B15, C49
6. I was thrown out of the casino. How do I get back
inside? A39, B61, C58
OUTSIDE THE HOTEL
1. I've got myself completely lost in the desert. Is
there anything out here other than sand and cacti?
A81, B72, C32
2. After much searching in the desert, I found the laundry
building. How do I get in? A83, B77, C75
IN LAS VEGAS TRAIN STATION
1. The man in the station with the paper pays no attention
to my provocations. How do I get his attention?
A84, B8, C76
2. Whenever I try to cross the tracks to get to the other
platform, I get run over by a train. Is there any safe
way across? A9, B38, C11
3. I wait around for a train, but keep missing them and I
don't know what train stops where! A47, B24, C27
ON THE TRAIN
1. The conductor immediately demands money from me for the
fare but I don't have any. What to do? A36, B34, C50
2. When I try to visit St. Louis, New York or Los Angeles,
Stogie appears and does me in. How do I protect
myself? A41, B35, C45
3. Is there anything to do on the train? A59, B19, C2
4. The passengers are very unfriendly. I can't seem to get
any response out of any of them. A45, B19, C16
AT THE CHICAGO RAILWAY STATION
1. How do I get a newspaper? A61, B21, C16
2. The newspaper didn't help much and it cost me money.
What was it supposed to tell me? A87, B43, C24
INSIDE GABBY'S CAB
1. If Gabby is deaf, how do I tell him where I want to go?
A88, B12, C34
2. Gabby has taken me everywhere in Chicago, as far as I
can tell. Can I visit another town? A5, B46, C43
AT ACE'S APARTMENT-HOME AT LAST!
1. All the mailboxes are locked. How do I get into mine?
A71, B48, C59
2. My apartment is locked, how do I get in?
A89, B55, C61
3. No one else is at home. Do I need to get into the
other apartments? A90, B55, C63
4. The apartment is in shambles. Has everything been
stolen? A12, B54, C66
5. The pistol I found is unloaded. Its just dead weight
if I carry it around, right? A91, B75, C68
6. I don't seem to have taken much from my apartment.
Do I have everything? A53, B78, C69
7. Im back in Gabbys cab but I cant think of anywhere
else to ask him to take me. A64, B7, C21
OUTSIDE JOE'S BAR-YOUR FAVORITE HAUNT
1. I can't open the manholes. How do I get down into the
sewers? A2, B79, C57
2. The police arent too helpful when I call on them. How
do I get them to be more sympathetic? A34, B81, C78
3. I can't seem to get into the cemetery. How do I get
in to pay my respects? A6, B82, C84
4. Joes place is closed and no one seems to be in a hurry
to let me in. How do I get in? A92, B63, C36
5. Im up on the first floor fire escape but the building
is boarded up. How do I remove boards? A58, B20, C4
6. Siegels blood stained office is empty; not very clean,
but empty. What am I supposed to find? A93, B3, C12
7. After I came through the window, I found the door out of
the office is locked and the elevator doesn't work.
How am I supposed to get any further? A19, B16, C30
8. I found a key to a Mercedes in the trash. What is it
for? A25, B5, C14
9. If I hang around too long in the back alley I get
beaten up by some lady. How do I stop her from
bothering me? A50, B31, C39
10. The back door to Joe's is locked. How do I get in?
A68, B40, C15
AT LAST-INSIDE JOE'S BAR
1. It is too dark to see anything. What can I do?
A37, B57, C10
2. How do I get inside the bathrooms? A51, B74, C54
3. Try as I might the upstairs office door is locked.
How do I gain access? A18, B83, C22
4. It seems that only spiders have been down in the wine
cellar recently. Can I go any farther? A10, B32, C33
5. I can't believe there is another locked manhole here!
Is this a trend? A40, B84, C28
6. It looks like only the spiders have made it into the
casino. What use is this place? A44, B30, C23
7. Okay, I have a business card and a diary now. What do
I do with them? A46, B44, C46
8. There's an elevator in the casino and it does
not work.How do I make it work? A11, B47, C60
BACK OUTSIDE JOE'S BAR READY FOR YOUR CAB
1. After leaving Joes bar, Gabby asks me “Where to next?
I ask myself the same question. A17, B85, C3
AT SUGAR SHACK'S APARTMENT
1. Some bum won't let me into Sugar's place. Should I
resort to violence? A24, B86, C17
2. I can't reach the telephone booth. How can I do my
Superman impersonation? A21, B87, C26
3. The cellar door is locked and I have no key that works.
How can I get in? A33, B89, C42
4. I've searched the apartment and can't find much of
interest. Just some clothes and a vacuum cleaner
that sucks! A66, B67, C62
5. Okay, I've looked everywhere in Sugar Shack's apartment.
What else is there to be revealed? A57, B71, C7
6. What purpose does the book of receipts serve?
A49, B88, C40
7. I've read the newspaper on the bed. What am I supposed
to learn from it? A52, B90, C73
8. After I leave Sugar's place Gabby is still waiting
and happy to take me where I want.
Where to next? A56, B91, C82
AT THE CITY MORGUE
1. The clerk doesn't want to pay any attention to me.
What can I do about it? A29, B91, C83
2. I asserted my new found authority on the clerk but still
cannot get him to pay any attention to me. What do
I do next? A1, B10, C13
3. I have the names of some stiffs now. What good
do they do me? A67, B11, C5
4. I know who I am looking for but what good does that
do me? A4, B13, C67
5. I have the effects now, but what do I do with them?
A69, B37, C56
6. Is there any other use for the policeman's uniform?
A70, B49, C71
7. I'm back in Gabby's cab outside the morgue and I don't
know where to go. A72, B27, C77
AT BONDWELL'S HOUSE(OR WHAT'S LEFT OF IT!)
1. There's not much left to search, is it worth hanging
around? A42, B58, C79
2. Gabby is as impressed with Bondwell's house as I am and
we both decide to leave. Where to now? A73, B62, C35
BACK AT THE CHICAGO TRAIN STATION
1. Gabby and I are back at the station and there doesn't
seem to be anywhere else for him to take me. Is it time
for me to bid him a fond farewell and take a train
elsewhere? A75, B65, C52
BACK AT THE LAS VEGAS STATION
1. There's not much new at the station. Should I go
straight to the hotel? A78, B80, C6
2. Now that I have the suitcase, what use is it?
A62, B17, C80
3. Is that all I'm going to get out of the baggage
claim guy? A43, B29, C9
BACK AT THE LUCKY DICE HOTEL
1. For an ex-guest this place can get pretty boring.
What's new to do? A79, B92, C51
INSIDE THE LAUNDRY-FINALLY!
1. I've finally survived being taken into the laundry but
they insist on tying my hands. Help! A80, B1, C85
2. I start to explore the laundry but it doesn't take Moose
and Spike long to find me. How do I lose them?
A15, B42, C53
3. Hey! The goons stole some things from me! How do I
get those things back? A8, B36, C87
4. I'm in the back office but there's not much excitement
here. What am I meant to find? A20, B45, C25
5. I wouldn't mind trying the dart board, but what with?
A14, B69, C88
6. I found a small round magnet. Where is it meant to go?
A30, B93, C47
THE FIFTH FLOOR
1. In Ventini's office I found a small ornament that must
serve some purpose. Does it? A35, B50, C89
2. I see what's special about the ornament but where do
I use it? A54, B25, C90
3. There is another ledger inside the desk in Ventini's
office. What use is it? A38, B2, C29
4. I searched Malone's office from top to bottom and theres
nothing in here. Am I mistaken? A23, B33, C91
5. I came back to the elevator but the magnetic button
is gone. Where is it? A22, B9, C72
6. Have I been to all the places I can go? If so,
where to next? A63, B22, C1
BACK AT THE LAUNDRY
1. I found another ledger! This is getting confusing!
What does it all mean? A31, B23, C41
WHERE TO NEXT?
1. Now that I have all my things back from the thugs,
what do I do with it and all the other info I've
acquired? A82, B41, C65
2. I dropped something in Ventini's office and Stogie ended
up killing me. How do I stop this from happening?
A77, B14, C18
3. I dropped some evidence in Malone's office but it only
resulted in getting me killed. Where did I go wrong?
A85, B52, C8
4. I think I figured it out, but I still get caught in
the crossfire. What should I do to remedy this?
A86, B51, C20
5. I've solved the mystery and I have my certificate!
I'm in the clear and still alive but what next?
A26, B18, C64
ANSWERS - LEVEL A
1. You need to be more specific.
2. Become a plumber.
3. Serves you right for going around naked!
4. Well, you need to tell someone about your new
5. If you can find a suitable address, give it a try.
6. Maybe nobody wants your respects.
7. Do you have a hotel key?
8. Be patient and maybe you'll turn the tables on them.
9. This is a very busy station. Trains come and go
all the time.
10. Check out the interesting wine selection on the wall.
11. Have you tried kicking it?
12. Come on, admit it. It wasn't that much cleaner when
you left. Maybe you should tidy up and look a little
13. Well, now that Rudy has gone, you will have to rely on
14. Sounds like fun but maybe later.
15. The thugs are not too intelligent. Maybe you could
16. You don't even have a key to your own door, let alone
17. Be daring. Go someplace you haven't been yet.
18. Either find a key, or another way around.
19. A key would open the door, but you might not find
one on hand. The elevator needs to be fixed and you
didn't bring your toolbox.
20. You can't have looked that hard.
21. You, doing a superman impression? What a thought!
22. Beats me!
23. There might not be anything to take, but there is plenty
to take a look at.
24. Sounds doubtful, but if you think that will work, try it.
25. Keys, like this one, usually start cars.
26. Congrats! Now you'll have to wait until ICOM gets around
to releasing a new game!
27. It's cleaning day.
28. You couldn't have looked around the room closely enough.
Check out the bedroom.
29. It's time to show him who's in charge.
30. Doesn't the magnet look familiar? Haven't you seen
something like it elsewhere?
31. Look them over and it will add up.
32. If you've seen one elevator you've seen ‘em all.
How would you call any elevator?
33. Your not going to let a mere door bar your path, are you?
34. You never did have a good relationship with the
35. It's such an ugly looking ornament. There must be a
really good reason for Ventini to keep it.
36. Well, he's making a reasonable request. Maybe you should
figure out some way to pay him.
37. You need something to brighten up the place.
38. Be patient. The more info you get, the easier it will
be to sort out.
39. You obviously did something to irritate the bouncer.
Maybe you should get away for awhile and let him cool off.
40. Could be.
41. You might want to get down to business before you take a
42. The rubble probably would not reveal much.
43. You sure expect a lot from a guy that only makes a quarter
44. Find something that's been untouched by our spider friends.
45. After all the running around you've been doing,
body odor could be a problem.
46. Well, reading them might be a good start.
47. You'll need some information.
48. You seem to need something to keep you alive, but you
don't have it.
49. What do receipts usually show?
50. If you are quick enough, try knocking her out with one of
your roundhouse punches!
51. They're boarded up. Maybe a heavy tool would do the trick.
52. Sugar likes reading in bed?
53. Since you're a detective, I assume you've made a thorough
search of the place.
54. Surely it must seem vaguely familiar by now.
55. It's just like playing normal cards, part luck, part skill.
In this casino,however,luck plays a bigger part than usual.
56. What else do you have that contains an address or a place description?
57. Have you searched every nook and cranny?
58. Get mad!
59. You could try bugging the passengers.
60. Bored already? Then maybe you should find more exciting
places to visit!
61. The dog is very attentive so stealing would be a bad idea.
62. You need to keep an open mind.
63. Maybe you haven't finished exploring a place you've
64. Well, you understand the idea, so find Gabby something
else with an address on it.
65. You only have your lucky quarter.
66. Try to be a little more open-minded.
67. Didn't one of them look kind of familiar?
68. Use some of those detective skills that you are sometimes
69. After all the trouble you went through to find them,
they must have some purpose.
70. Only if you get a kick out of being a cop.
71. You need a key. After all, it is your mailbox.
72. An address is all that Gabby is interested in.
73. Once you've seen one tall building in Chicago, you've seen
74. You should find something that he will accept if
you're ready to squander your hard-earned dough.
75. Parting is such sweet sorrow....
76. You need to improve the odds.
77. Setting up Ventini is only half the fun.
78. You might want to check something out.
79. Hide and seek is always fun. Go ahead, I'll be it.
80. You need to break the ropes. Isn't something within reach?
81. Even sand and cacti can reveal hidden detail. Search
carefully but don't get too lost.
82. Now is the time to get clever and save your hide.
83. You don't seem to have a means of unlocking the door or
forcing it open.
84. He seems far too involved in his newspaper to care
85. Too little is worse than too much.
86. Blow this popsicle stand!
87. Have you read the paper?
88. Well, you can't tell him, so somehow you will have to
show him where you wish to visit.
89. Locked doors usually have keys to match!
90. You can try, but your neighbors were never very
friendly in the first place.
91. As long as it's not loaded, the answer to that is yes,
unless you have a good throwing arm.
92. Entrances and exits usually do the trick.
93. Well, you evidently found the morbid stuff.
Maybe you should look at things a little closer.
ANSWERS -LEVEL B
1. Something sharp and jagged would probably tear these
2. Do the numbers in this ledger remind you of any others
that you have seen?
3. Keep an open mind. Do things you normally wouldn't.
4. You know these government clerical types. You need
to assert some authority toward him.
5. If you can find a Mercedes, maybe it will work for you.
Unfortunately, you can't remember seeing one.
6. Some inside help couldn't hurt! Recognize anyone?
7. You obviously haven't checked your pockets properly.
8. Some people can be rude and ignore you, no matter what
9. If you leave things lying around, what do you expect?
10. He needs a name.
11. You did read about one of them, didn't you?
12. You need to show him something with an address on it.
At least he's not charging you for his services.
13. Now that you know what to ask about, maybe the clerk will
be more helpful.
14. You need to cover all your bases. Ventini is not the only
bad guy in town.
15. As you recall, things were not going very well until
Rudy came along. Maybe you should learn from that.
16. Maybe you're wasting your time.
17. You never know what dirty laundry people would like to
18. Try “Deja Vu-A Nightmare Comes True”.
19. Maybe you could catch up on your sleep.
20. Well, you might have tried all the intelligent, patient
approaches, so maybe it is time to revert to good ol' brute
21. They are obviously not interested in meaningful
22. If you think you've been everywhere, maybe you should
return to some unsolved mysteries.
23. Close inspection of the ledgers will reveal that they
are different and yet the same.
24. Stations usually post and update information on the
arrivals and departures of the trains.
25. Don't let its origins throw you. You don't even need to
be that sharp to see where it's going.
26. There are only a couple of items in the room that you
could take with you.
27. You should have just got something that's a dead give
28. Try buying it.
29. You've claimed Bondwell's baggage? What more do you
30. Gambling helped once, maybe it can help again.
31. Have a little sympathy for the crazy old woman. Call
the men in the white coats.
32. Sit back, relax and have a drink.
33. Look around. Don't you get the picture?
34. You must be able to get some extra money from somewhere.
Think where you have been.
35. You are a detective. Head back to the scene of the crime.
36. They must've taken them to someone or they'd be around
37. Where would you usually use the things you've found?
38. How many safe ways to cross railway tracks are there?
39. It's not like you're paying for the room or anything!
40. If you don't have a set of lock picks, try something else.
41. The evidence that you have can cause even the best of
friends to hate each other.
42. Make them think that you left.
43. What new and interesting information did the newspaper
44. EXAMINE them both and see if they have any revealing
information on them. You could use some right now.
45. Have a seat and do some snooping.
46. If you want to go to another town, maybe you should use
47. Remember, Joe's bar has been shut down for some time.
48. Well, if your not carrying it, where would you most
likely leave it?
49. A change might be good, especially if it keeps you from
getting arrested for impersonating a cop!
50. You're onto something! Don't you get the point?
52. Come on, Ventini is like a son to Malone! He really
has to be convinced of the truth.
53. Get un-naked. Your clothes are lying around here
54. Where would you most likely leave something in your
apartment? Come on, it hasn't been that long since you
were here last.
55. It's your apartment! Who is most likely to have the key?
56. Come on, I know you must be close, but you just can't
put your finger on it.
57. Maybe you could shine a little light on the problem.
58. Funny that his house was burned down, but the body
in the morgue was full of lead.
59. Not unless you want to get caught for breaking and
60. Are you beginning to understand how unwelcome you are?
61. Take a trip. You know how they say that time heals
62. Doesn't a long nap sound good right about now?
63. There is more than one way to enter a bar.
64. Maybe the slot machines aren't for you!
65. It's time to take the slow train. Do you feel lucky?
66. Maybe it's time to leave.
67. I'm sure you could figure this out for yourself.
So go on,take a stab at it before you resort to C.
68. You can't seem to find anything to distract them with.
Maybe you're beating a dead horse.
69. Now is not the time to play games.
70. The hotel staff are probably dropping off a load of
71. It might be fun to get inside Sugar's drawers.
72. This is Nevada, you know! Take a lesson from the
Indian trackers who once wandered these same lands.
73. You need some chips to play with.
74. If you have to go to the bathroom you are out of luck!
75. Well, an empty gun is no good to anyone. Try filling it.
76. You need to follow the standard rules for playing
77. A less obvious route might be the solution, because
the obvious ones don't work.
78. If you've looked around and opened everything you can
see, then maybe, just maybe, you do have everything.
79. Well, if you can't open the manholes, then you can't get
into the sewers.
80. There's more than one type of ticket used around here.
81. In situations like this, do you really think that they
82. If you can find the caretaker, have him open it up for
you, but I doubt there's one around.
83. If the door is locked, there must be a good reason.
84. If you couldn't get in through the other manholes, what
chance do you think you have of getting in through
85. You have acquired something recently with an address on it.
86. In his state any form of communication would have little
chance of success.
87. Do you really have someone you need to call?
88. Don't the dates sound a little familiar?
89. Go ahead, make my day!
90. It seems that Sugar was interested in obituaries. Hmmm....
91. Visit a place that you are just dying to get into.
92. The first floor, at least, is a lousy place to hide.
93. I don't want to press home the point, but you've seen
something like this magnet before, and not too far away.
ANSWERS - LEVEL C
1. You have a dart and still haven't played? Now might be
2. Yes! Sit back, relax, and enjoy the scenery, just like
you would do on any other long train journey.
3. Show him Sugar Shack's business card that you found
in the casino and visit her place.
4. OPERATE yourself on the boards and with one sharp pull
you'll be in.
5. The stiff with the distinctive eye surgery is the same
one that McMurphy referred to in Sugar's apartment. So,
Thomas Bondwell is the name you need to remember.
6. Use the claim ticket that you obtained to collect some
7. Open the small nightstand and look inside.
8. You need to convince Malone beyond a shadow of a doubt,
that Ventini is double crossing him. Remember the
pictures in Malone's office. Drop the following three
things in Malone's office. Sugar's letter will tell
Malone that Siegel was paying off the police Captain.
Bondwell's letter tells him that he thinks Ventini's
involved in some sort of double cross and that he's
muscling in on his territory. The diary shows the true
payments made by Siegel for Ventini's operation and
proves that Ventini and Siegel were working together and
where the missing money went.
9. A baggage guy's job is to help you claim baggage,
which he did.
10. You should use the flashlight that you found in your
apartment. OPERATE yourself on the flashlight and it will
11. No you can't cross the tracks. You want to catch a train,
not the other way around!
12. If you OPEN the phone on the wall, you will find Siegel's
13. Go back into the freezer and check out the dead bodies.
14. The key is useless. It seems that the last car it
belonged to had a tendency to explode. Check out “Deja
Vu - A nightmare Comes True.”
15. Assuming you searched your apartment, you will have
the pocket knife. OPEN it and OPERATE it on the lock.
That should work wonders.
16. It's a long journey, do you expect them to be full of
conversation? Don't worry, they have nothing to contribute
to your task anyway.
17. Maybe you should go through the door downstairs instead.
18. If you take the letter from Bondwell out of the office
and leave the cigar ring behind, then Ventini will think
that Malone is onto him, because Stogie, Malone's right
hand thug, has been there. You need to convince Malone
that Ventini is double crossing him before Ventini
takes out Malone.
19. OPERATE a quarter or a one dollar bill on the blind man.
He will then allow you to take a newspaper.
20. Get on a train, or take a long stroll thought the cacti.
Whatever you do, do it quickly!
21. Show him the newspaper clipping about Joe's bar which
happens to have an address on it.
22. You can't, and there are no keys because Dave Marsh
23. You need to use the key you found in the telephone to
open the slot machine on the right.
24. Just hang onto it, it will come in quite handy later.
25. In the desk is a key and a magnet that will come in very
26. You can't reach the telephone, but don't worry, you
don't know any telephone numbers anyway.
27. Check the arrival and departure signs which are by the
ticket booth. They will tell you which trains are going
where. Keep checking to speed up the process.
28. Just like those outside Joe's bar, you have no need to go
29. This ledger is identical to the one you found in Joe's Bar
except that the entries involving courier #0 have been
omitted. This shows you that Ventini has been doctoring
30. You don't use the door or the elevator in here. Go back
out and try another approach.
31. Your old sparring partner Rudy is a dealer and will help
swing the odds in your favor. Find him and remind him of
your boxing days. Operate the newspaper clipping on him.
He'll make things a lot easier.
32. To the east of the hotel you will find tire tracks that
must lead somewhere.
33. OPERATE the clean looking wine bottle, which is the
middle one on the right of the wine rack. When you do
so, the rack will open up, revealing a secret doorway.
34. You are carrying your drivers license in your wallet,
aren't you? That has the address of your apartment on
it. OPERATE that on Gabby and the'll get the message.
35. OPERATE the train schedule on Gabby, that you found in your
36. If you've tried all the front entrances, better go
around back. Joe was always used to letting you out the
back door anyway.
37. Just like you would with any other elevator. OPERATE
the elevator button, and then GO inside. Once inside,
OPERATing the buttons will take you to the floor you
38. As long as you removed everything from the rooms that
might be of use, you won't need to. You did check
39. She's harmless, just ignore her.
40. The dates correspond to dates in Siegel's diary,
indicating that Sugar was involved in some sort of pay
41. The new ledger shows you all the data that was in Siegel's
diary, unlike the first ledger you found. You have the
real ledgers and the forged ledgers. Someone must be
tampering with them.
42. OPERATE the loaded gun on the door and blow the lock away.
43. Gabby is just a local hack and he's spent all his
time behind the wheel in the windy city. No, he has no
inclination to leave the city.
44. Your trousers and trenchcoat are in the bathroom. Drag
them into your inventory, OPERATE both of them on yourself
and that way you'll leave wearing them.
45. You can't visit those towns, you can only go to Chicago.
That's the only way you are going to solve this mystery.
46. Keep the diary for later. Sugar's business card has
an address on it.Gabby will know where it is.
47. The round magnet is identical to the buttons in the
elevator. Put the magnet in the space above the buttons.
48. On the dresser in the hotel bedroom is a train schedule.
You need to take this with you. Also, Stogie left a cigar
ring on the floor, take that as well.
49. Rudy was doing you a great favor for old times sake and
that's why you were winning. If you insist on risking
your money on mere luck,what do you expect? No, you
cannot get your money back. Try starting over.
50. You should have been able to win some money at the casino.
If not, you need to go back and try again.
51. Hide back inside the laundry dumpster. Eventually you
will be taken to a laundry in another part of town.
52. Gabby has done his job well and you've seen as much of
Chicago as you can stomach. Las Vegas here I come!
53. GO upstairs and OPEN the laundry door to the street and
then GO back downstairs and hide in the laundry dumpster.
Wait awhile and see what happens.
54. You don't, so don't bother trying.
55. You can't yet! Eventually you will find something that
will convince them to let you live, at least for awhile!
56. The baggage ticket should come in handy in a baggage
57. The sewers? Do you really want to go down there?
They're only for sewer rats and you don't need to go
58. If you have the money, leave town by way of the trains.
When you get back, the bouncer will have forgotten all
about your rude behavior.
59. Check out your apartment.
60. You don't. The power has been turned off.
61. Like any normal person, you keep your key on you at
all times. Check your pockets.
62. OPERATE your pocket knife on the bag inside the vacuum
cleaner and see what happens.
63. Their apartments are their business. Keep to your own
and they won't try and break into yours while you are away.
64. Try Shadowgate or Uninvited.
65. It's time to get Ventini, Malone and Stogie off your case.
You have the material to turn them against one another.
66. There are still some items left behind. OPEN up the
drawer and the coat.
67. Tell the clerk Bondwell's name and you'll receive his
68. You will find some bullets in the box in the drawer.
OPEN the gun, OPEN the box, and drag the bullets
into the gun. Now you're really dangerous.
69. You should have walked away with the flashlight off
the floor, the knife from the drawer, and the gun from
your coat, which should be loaded with the bullets from
the box in the drawer.
70. On page 13 of your manual, you will find a complete
explanation of how to play.
71. No. Change back into your normal clothes either at
Sugar's or in the cab.
72. You should take it with you wherever you go. The hotel
cleaning staff are very particular about that sort
73. Sugar isn't around because she was spooked by the
obituary she read in the newspaper.
74. The hotel does not allow guests alone in other people's
rooms. Actually, it is not important that you visit them.
75. You can't get inside from the outside right now, but
that will make sense later on in the game.
76. He's just an innocent bystander, so leave him to his
paper, and he won't cause you any grief.
77. Thomas Bondwell's driver's license was amongst his
effects. Maybe you should consider visiting his house.
78. The police are never going to be sympathetic to your cause.
They have had enough trouble with your dealings in the
past and know better than to get in the way of the mob's
79. The burned down house tells you that somebody torched
it after Bondwell was gunned down so that any link between
him and the mob was destroyed.
80. Open up the clothes. Some interesting items can be found
81. The dumpster is being taken back to the laundry. If you
leave the room for a few moves, it will return.
82. Visit the city morgue next by showing Gabby the newspaper
you bought that mentions the morgue.
83. You need to go to Sugar's apartment and put on the
policeman's uniform. When you speak to the clerk he will
be much more helpful.
84. You don't know anyone in the cemetery, so their feelings
won't be hurt by your not visiting them.
85. OPERATE the ropes on the crate, which is to your left.
They will snap, and you'll be free, for now!
86. It is time to leave! There is more to the hotel than
meets the eye but nothing to worry about yet.
87. They put everything in a secret place and you will have
a chance to go get them later.
88. Leave it for now. You will find what you need later.
89. OPERATE yourself on the ornament and it falls apart.
The piece you are interested in should be obvious.
90. OPERATE the dart on the dart board in the office at the
back of the laundry.
91. EXAMINE the pictures on the wall. They show just how
close Malone feels toward Ventini. You'll need to keep
this in mind later.
92. The slot machines are kid's stuff. You need to win some
real money to get anywhere in this town. Stick to the
93. The dealers will accept only chips, not cash. You need
to take your money to the cashier and she will exchange
it for chips.
This hint book brought to you by ICOM Simulations
Scanned by Ponyboy