Help Kickstart ROMs Guide
Kickstart ROM v3.0
Kickstart 3.x was a big improvement from previous versions. It included support for the AGA chipset and a revised Amiga Early Startup Control (boot menu) for disabling/enabling caches.
Revision 39.106 (Commodore, 1992) is used by:
Legal ways to get Kickstart ROM files
- Buy Cloanto's Amiga Forever
package which comes with licensed ROMs
- Extract the Kickstart ROM from your real Amiga using a tool like TransROM, GrabKick or any other Kickstart ROM grabber!
The following Kickstart v3.0 images are available in TOSEC:
- Kickstart v3.0 rev 39.106 (1992)(Commodore)(A1200)[!]
- Kickstart v3.0 rev 39.106 (1992)(Commodore)(A4000)[!]
- Kickstart v3.0 rev 39.106 (1992)(Commodore)(A4000)[encrypted, needs rom.key]
Amiga ROM copyright
To legally use the Amiga v3.0 ROM image with emulators, you must own the specific Amiga model. Lemon Amiga only provides information about different Amiga kickstart versions, but we do not not offer them for download. Neither do we allow requests of kickstart downloads in our forum!